The WS/FC FOP 8 Christmas Dinner will be held at 6:00 PM a the Lone Star SteakHouse oat 1110 Creekshire Way
Winston Salem, NC.
Please Check out our most recent photos under the "Recent Photos" Tab!
|Nashville Recording Artist, John Conlee's New Single Has Been Adopted as Tennessee's FOP's Official Song for Law Enforcement. Recently, country music icon John Conlee performed "Walkin' Behind the Star" during an emotional ceremony honoring the members of law enforcement who had given their lives in the line of duty in 2014. The ceremony was held the morning of May 8 at the Legislative Plaza in downtown Nashville. President of the Tennessee's FOP, John Crumby, announced that Conlee's recording was now Tennessee's Fraternal Order of Police official song for law enforcement. "Walkin' Behind the Star" was written by Phil Thomas and the late Ronny Scaife.|
Click the link below to hear the tribute to Law enforcement Officers.
Ten Reasons To Become
A FOP Member
1. Legal Defense - NCFOP provides Active & Affiliate members with legal aid in duty related, administrative, civil and criminal matters. NO COMPLAINT IS TOO SMALL WHEN YOUR JOB AND LIVLIHOOD ARE AT STAKE!
2. Death Benefit – A program funded by the NCFOP membership covering Active and Affiliate members. Payments are as follows: Natural Cause and Accidentgal Death: $3,000; Line of Duty: $9,000. These benefits extend to members after retirement with 5 years continuous membership prior to retirement and who maintains their membership after retirement with no brake in membership.
3. Disciplinary Representation – NCFOP provides Active & Affiliate members with legal aid in duty related, administrative, civil and criminal matters. For non-critical incidents, the NCFOP Attorney and the State Legal Aid Committee review the request and approve an attorney or make recommendations to the applicant regarding the matter.
4. Legislative Representation – The FOP legislative agent in Raleigh, along with a permanent full-time staff in Washington, DC, works to enact legislation to benefit officers and advance the law enforcement profession. The FOP is a respected voice in Raleigh and Washington, DC and is frequently called upon by both Congress and the White House on matters of concern to the law enforcement community.
5. DART – Disaster Assistance Response Team will provide home stabilization assistance such as placing tarps on damaged roofs, boarding damaged windows, removing fallen trees from driveways and removing furniture from flooded homes. DART may also provide assistance to officers’ families by running emergency errands, helping with disaster assistance paperwork and encouraging the use of support organizations.
6. Communication – The FOP keeps its membership informed of law enforcement concerns through various means, including The Journal published by the Grand Lodge; the BlueNote published by the NC State Lodge; member access email; state and national websites.
7. Financial Services- The Grand Lodge offers many financial benefits to FOP members: FOP VISA Card (through Bank of America), Home Mortgage, Auto & Home Insurance.
8. Computer Service – The Grand Lodge FOP maintains a state-of-the-art computer system containing data on salaries, fringe benefits and other conditions of employment. Please visit the Grand Lodge Web Site at www.fop.net to see the resources available.
9. FOP Foundation – Scholarships, educational programs and disaster relief for members.
10. Additional Benefits – FOP Merchandise; vision care; travel discounts. Being part of our nation’s oldest, largest and most respected law enforcement organization. The Fraternal Order of Police began in Pittsburgh, PA in 1915. The first lodge in NC was chartered in 1953 in Asheville. NCFOP now has over 5,000 members in 59 local lodges from various federal, state and local agencies, departments large and small, from the mountains to the sea.
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Fraternal Order OF Police Lodge #8
(WS/FC FOP 8)
Is an organization created for law enforcement officers, and managed by law enforcement officers, who are actively engaged in law enforcement for Federal, State, County, City/Municipality, and or Political Subdivisions thereof. We are a 501c 8 non-profit organization.