Ten Reasons To Become
A FOP Member
1. Legal Defense - NCFOP provides Active & Affiliate members with legal aid in duty related, administrative, civil and criminal matters. NO COMPLAINT IS TOO SMALL WHEN YOUR JOB AND LIVLIHOOD ARE AT STAKE!
2. Death Benefit – A program funded by the NCFOP membership covering Active and Affiliate members. Payments are as follows: Natural Cause: $3,000; Accidental: $6,000; Line of Duty: $9,000. These benefits extend to members after retirement with continuous membership.
3. Disciplinary Representation – NCFOP provides Active & Affiliate members with legal aid in duty related, administrative, civil and criminal matters. For non-critical incidents, the NCFOP Attorney and the State Legal Aid Committee review the request and approve an attorney or make recommendations to the applicant regarding the matter.
4. Legislative Representation – The FOP legislative agent in Raleigh, along with a permanent full-time staff in Washington, DC, works to enact legislation to benefit officers and advance the law enforcement profession. The FOP is a respected voice in Raleigh and Washington, DC and is frequently called upon by both Congress and the White House on matters of concern to the law enforcement community.
5. DART – Disaster Assistance Response Team will provide home stabilization assistance such as placing tarps on damaged roofs, boarding damaged windows, removing fallen trees from driveways and removing furniture from flooded homes. DART may also provide assistance to officers’ families by running emergency errands, helping with disaster assistance paperwork and encouraging the use of support organizations.
6. Communication – The FOP keeps its membership informed of law enforcement concerns through various means, including The Journal published by the Grand Lodge; the BlueNote published by the NC State Lodge; member access email; state and national websites.
7. Financial Services- The Grand Lodge offers many financial benefits to FOP members: FOP VISA Card (through Bank of America), Home Mortgage, Auto & Home Insurance.
8. Computer Service – The Grand Lodge FOP maintains a state-of-the-art computer system containing data on salaries, fringe benefits and other conditions of employment. Please visit the Grand Lodge Web Site at www.fop.net to see the resources available.
9. FOP Foundation – Scholarships, educational programs and disaster relief for members.
10. Additional Benefits – FOP Merchandise; vision care; travel discounts. Being part of our nation’s oldest, largest and most respected law enforcement organization. The Fraternal Order of Police began in Pittsburgh, PA in 1915. The first lodge in NC was chartered in 1953 in Asheville. NCFOP now has over 5,000 members in 59 local lodges from various federal, state and local agencies, departments large and small, from the mountains to the sea.
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Fraternal Order OF Police Lodge #8
(WS/FC FOP 8)
Is an organization created for law enforcement officers, and managed by law enforcement officers, who are actively engaged in law enforcement for Federal, State, County, City/Municipality, and or Political Subdivisions thereof. We are a 501c 8 non-profit organization.
FOP State Lodge
The North Carolina FOP State Lodge met on Saturday August 16, 2014 and after studying past court decisions and oral interviews, with the candidates, voted to endorse the following political candidates:
For North Carolina State Supreme Court;
For the North Carolina Court of Appeals;
For United State Senate
(Both Senatorial Candidates were invited to attend and speak however Senator Hagen stated that she had a prior committment and chose not attend)
Law Enforcement Officers Appreciation Picnic
Hosted by The WS/FC FOP Lodge 8 and the NC Blue Knights XIX
Date: September 20 2014
Location: Bolton Park on Bolton Street, in Winston Salem, NC.
Time: 10:00-5:00 PM
Menu: Hot Dogs, Chips, Drinks
Cost: Free to all area Law Enfrocement Officers and Familie Members.
WS/FC FOP NC BK XIX
Please Contact Us! We look forward to hearing from you.
2320 Denise Lane
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
(336) 239-6844 or